RCSCC 151 SENECA existed from about 1956 till April 1972. The cadets came from Caledonia, Haldimand County and Six Nations. It met in a small hip roofed building, called “The Chicken Coop”, still standing in the rear of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 154 at 29 Caithness Street East, Caledonia. They used a 22” rifle range located in the basement at the rear of the Hewitt Building (18 Argyle Street North) and had an old lifeboat up the Grand River near Big Creek.
- Surgeon LCdr Kevin Greaves, Navy League National Sea Cadet Chairman in 1982 and later President of the Royal Heraldry Society of Canada was an officer there from 1956 to 1970
- LCdr Ray Parks (CO of RCSCC LION from 1978 to 1981) started as a Civilian Instructor and was CO from 1962 till 1966
- LCdr Don Williamson (CO of RCSCC LION 1973-1978 and later an officer at HMCS STAR)- 1957-1958
- Other names associated with the corps were Roy Gumbley, Charley Gumbley, Dennis McCleary, William Burnham Jr and Thomas Burnham.
Thanks to Bill Griffey, a cadet from about 1966 to 1972, for some of this information.