STAR’s own Fairmile was built at Grew Boats, Penetanguishene and delivered 28 August 1943. She served with the 70th Flotilla in Bermuda during the war. On 28 June 1948, she was assigned to STAR but suffered a serious fire in July of 1949 that required costly repairs. In September of that year she was reclassifed as PTC706 and in 1954 was renamed BEAVER. In May of 1956, she was transferred to YORK but declared surplus in November of 1957 as a result of dry rot. She was laid up at the Hamilton Harbour Commission and by 1961 was reported to be in ruins.
View showing BEAVER in the HHC yard.
The completed Harbour Commission building dates it to after 1953.