Building Two

Spread the love

The first building constructed in 1943 became, paradoxically, Building Two, because of a renumbering of the various buildings at some point.  It housed the Wardroom, CO’s Cabin and Ship’s Office in the east end, a drill deck in the middle and various offices and clothing stores in the west end.  

The drill deck looking to the south east with a twin 4″ gun mount and the Small Arms locker in the corner.  A Wardroom Mess Dinner in progress.
The Drill Deck looking west.
Building Two from the north.
Building Two from the south.

In 1995, Building Two was condemned as unsafe and demolition began on 4 March 1996.

Looking south.
Looking north.
One of the last things to go was the Wardroom Chimney.